Non-Cypriot citizens may apply for the acquisition of a Cypriot Passport/EU Citizenship through the purchase of real estate in Cyprus.
- The investment in real estate is the preferred route of the majority of the applicants for a Cypriot Passport /EU Citizenship.
- A very simple and straight-forward procedure.
- It takes approximately 6 months for the procedure to be completed.
Investors can apply for Cyprus Citizenship by submitting a stand-alone application, upon making an investment which must be retained for a period of three years.
The applicant must have invested at least €2 million in one or more residential properties, provided that the value of one of the properties is of at least €500.000 (excluding VAT), which must be kept as the permanent residence of the investor in Cyprus.
Benefits of Cypriot Passport
- Free movement within the EU: travel, live, work.
- Travel visa-free to more than 150 countries.
- Passed on to family members: spouse and dependent children
- The investor does not become a tax resident, unless he / she spends more than 183 days in a calendar year in Cyprus.
- Not necessary to reside in Cyprus before or after the obtainment of the passport.
- The Republic of Cyprus allows investors to keep their original passport.
- No need to pass a language test.
- The investors have the right to rent the permanent residence in Cyprus.
- The investors have the right to sell the permanent residence in Cyprus, given that another permanent residence will be purchased.
- The applicant’s parents are also entitled to apply for Cyprus Citizenship provided that they own a lifetime residence of at least €500.000 (excluding VAT). The application is submitted after the investor had acquired the Cypriot citizenship.